Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Birthday Spoils

Monday was the big 21 for me. I LOVE my birthday. I always have an awesome day, and this year was one of the best, partly because I got these:



And this:

Cory got me the Keens. I needed a new pair of good shoes that I could wear to work, and a pair of shoes that I could wear in the water. Now I have two in one! He says they are my "fishing" shoes, I say "work" shoes, but really I just wear them all the time no matter what I'm doing. He also got me (with the help of his cute mom and sister) some jewelry and Victoria's Secret lotion, body wash, and splash. I smell awesome right now.

My wonderful parents got me the heart rate monitor. I had been wanting one for months! I strap the band around my rib cage and it relays info to my watch to tell me what my heart rate is, calories I burned, laps, etc. I'm so excited about it! My dad also made me the best baby back ribs southeast Idaho has ever seen. He could really put Outback out of business if he wanted... and I have been eating the BEST icecream cake for breakfast all week!

It was such a great day. I didn't have to work so Cory's dad took us down the river in his boat, and even though I didn't catch ONE stupid fish, I loved sitting in the sun relaxing. I got to talk to almost all of my siblings, except for Charlie who doesn't always have access to electricity, and Jayne, who called a day late... I still love her though. The only thing that could have made the day better would be Lyndsey and Brian being around. It's the first birthday they missed since they got married, and I didn't realize how much I miss having them around. But only one more week and I'm off to Arizona to play with those suckers...



4 comments:

  1. Hey Kate, I wished you happy birthday on Lynz's blog, but I wanted to make it official here...a few days late.

    Those shoes are awesome. Sounds like you had a delightful day. I know what you mean about missing Brian and Lyndsay, I am completely jealous that you get to go spend time with them...and theirs haircut and theirs eyes and theirs noses. That was the cutest video ever.

    Anyway, happy birthday...again. Oh, and I thought the photo of you on Lynz's blog was cute...but I can't wait to see more from when you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn, please don't hate me because I forgot your birthday! Sounds like it was awesome though! Jake just got me some keens too but, they're tennis shoes. I love them though! We should all take Jake's boat out and go fishing sometime...sounds like you're going to be getting good with this fellow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog. cute you. cute shoes. i finally read it! looks like it was a good birthday...can't wait for the drive in blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. Mine's this Saturday. And then I'll be up in Idaho the weekend after that and I expect to see you at church so that we can be friends again.

    ReplyDelete